Wednesday, July 30

when gay and straight collide...

For a few who know me, would laugh to hear this story. But for those, who don't know me (which is the rest of the world), let me describe my flatmate. I live in a small apartment about 1100 sq foot with a cute guy I'll call "M" (Finally, a bit of James Bond in my blog. Soon I'll be telling you guys stories of my mission in Cuba and how the sex party was, in of the evening where I didn't have to work. Save that one for another time).


"M" is so cute and handsome, which many disagree to this certain opinion I have, about my flatmate. Although sometime they'll come to realize I was right all along. He may not be someone you'd think of handsome or cute rightaway. But there's something about him, that's sexy and seducing, but that's not the point.

So my flatmate is straight, although many may think he is not as straight as many straight men come. Trust me, he is. The point is, "M" is straight. We go to the same university, have the same major and live together. At campus "M" is quite close to a certain chick, I always knew, is a lesbian. Last weekend was the opening weekend to "Christopher Street Day" in my city. The day all gay men and women as well as transgender and transexual and bisexual get together and hunt people out of the street in the city. One day I am not to fond of because Christopher Street was a social-political event back in the late 60's in New York. Europe had nothing to do with it. But whatever. Well the chick called him on saturday and she was wondering if "M", my straight flatmate, wanted to join her to an opening party. To the invitation, "M" responded "Well, thanks for the invitation. But sorry, not gay. You should probably ask my flatmate "The Gay Man".

"Your flatmate is gay? "The Gay Man"*) is gay?!?" was her raction. I actually wonder, why some people would be surprise to hear the fact that I, "The Gay Man", am in fact gay. Why the hell, would I use "The Gay Man" as my nickname here if I were straight. That would be misleading.

Apparently the news of me being gay is a shock to a lot of people. She is not the first one, who was surprised by this news.

So the lesbian thought I was straight and "M" was gay. I really don't know me being "accused" of being straight, should I take it as a compliment or an insult. In the gay community, seeing "...straight acting only..." is just as common as seeing a caucasian walking down the street in Canon City, Colorado (don't ask me why I chose this city to be my example...). So in that sense, it is a compliment. Is it? Or does it mean I am cured from homosexuality? My parents would be jumping up and down (since jumping right and left is not that easy) in joy. They'd probably throw a big party for 7 days and 7 nights, if I were to turn straight.

*) Name has been changed to protect the author's identity. Batman would never hand out Bruce Wayne's business card.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know you and you look completely gay to me. gay hair, gay eyes, gay lips, gay mole. i swear, even your ears are gay. but on the other hand, M looks gay too! (dont tell him i said that! lol)

front pembela orang waras said...

I don't have to tell "M", many have said that to him already...

Followers