Monday, July 21

mlp...

The digital age of meeting men has changed a lot in my(our) live(s). Yes it makes it even easier to pretend you are someone else. My favourite would be using names such as John Hardcock (pretty obvious, since having a hard cock is something very valuable in the gay scene).


But what is really fun is that you don't have to spend that much time to do anything. For example all the abbreviations made only for the online world (as described some in welcome to my humble blog).

The first time I went online and went looking for other gay men, I felt like the internet had its own language. I mean in headlines of people's profile were more less like this: "GWM ISO GAM" or "GWM ISO FTA with bottom G*M". Of course I realized afterwards that such abbreviations existed long before online dating existed.

Here are some of the online abbreviations you might use sometime soon or not, or you might have used before...
  • GWM = Gay White Male
  • GAM = Gay Asian Male
  • GHM = Gay Hispanic Male
  • ISO = In Search Of
  • FTA = Fun, Travel or Adventure
  • ASL = Age, Sex and Location?
  • POZ = HIV Positive
  • NEG = HIV Negativ
  • FF = Fist Fuck
  • WS = (For those who have had PCs before Windows existed, nope it doesn't stand for "Word Star") Water Sport, meaning anything that has to do with piss
  • KV = Kaviar (Yup, sounds elegant and classy, but it has a whole different meaning when you are browsing a german's profile. KV means scat)
  • CBT = Cock & Ball Torture
  • TT = Tit Torture
  • SM = Sado Maso
  • BDSM = Bondage, Sado & Maso
  • and many more.

    I don't get all the point of this abbreviation thing. I prefer to chat like I talk. I don't go out there and meet guys and ask "Hi, my name is Hardcock, John Hardcock. So, interested in WS/KV/CBT (or whatever you want to ask)?". I prefer to avoid miscommunication. It is probably a stupid reason to avoid abbreviations. Some would say, it makes life easier. But I could easily mistaken an abbreviation for another which might not make sense at all.

    I have mistaken FF for Free Food. It does make sense right? It did to me. And BB was BodyBuilder. God was I wrong about that one. BB stands for bareback, which means sex without condom. Well being the innocent gay man I was, it was easy to honestly mistaken these abbreviations. Ever since I always ask what does he mean with the abbreviation he used.

    Not wanting to mistake TGIF for Thank God It's Fuckday (which would be anyday for me) or even worse GFY for Go Fuck Yourself.

    p.s. MLP stands for My Latest Post or when it's no longer my latest, then it would be My Last Post, if it is to be my last. It could even stand for My Lamest Post.
    p.s.s. TGIF stands for Thank God It's Friday and GFY actually stands for Good For You.

    0 comments:

    Followers