Tuesday, July 8

welcome to my humble blog...

Welcome to my blog. Well for some of the guys, who happen to be gay as well, they probably are wondering, "What the fuck does welcome mean?".


I don't blame them, online mostly you see strange abbreviations for the sake of keeping it short and fast. For example, welcum. Well it saves you 1 letter less to type.

YIPPIIIEEE!!

I just spared my muscle one unnecessary movement, that may have burned 0,5 kcal. That is a particular abbreviation, probably only gay guys know.

There are more popular abbreviation. Here is one, probably even your grandfather knows (or knew), "asl" or also known as "a/s/l ?". Which is the easiest way to find out the three most important informations you really need to know.

A for Age
A good way to find out if it is legal to conduct certain actions, only adults with adults do, with both parties consenting the action, which is about to be performed by/to/on*) each other.

S for Sex
Nope, it is not a question whether you'd like to have sex with the one on the other end, but more about your gender.

I remember times, where a friend of mine back in high school told me stories about him pretending to be a girl in chatrooms, just out of fun. I joined him once, and I thought at times it was weird, but at times also very intriguing and arousing.

Yes, I am one of those who actually had a phase where I thought sexchat was sexy. Now I realize, it was just a form to get to know the scene before actually attend certain events the scene actually really has to offer.
So back to the abbreviation. That was S.

L for Location
I know I don't want to meet someone from the city/village/cave*) XYZ while I live 2000 miles away. This is actually a fun part of chatting. Getting to know someone from another city and in almost real-time, without even having to leave your living room/bedroom/toilet*). So this is pretty crucial for many chatters in a lot of places.

"Welcum asl" is probably the first line I mostly received, while I used to "hang out" in chat rooms on mIRC. But chatting online has changed a lot when it comes to writing skills. Not as if we don't have problems with people who don't know how to spell things.

And of course there's also the one-letter abbreviations. Instead of are, just the letter r. You is now online only u. Or the number abbreviations. "r u ready 4 dinner?" or "r u going 2 see him?".

And not to forget, capital letter only exists when you want to show emotions. "F*!$ UUUU!!!!" or "I LUUUUUV UU, HONEY!". Other than showing emotions, using capital letters are not really popular.

The most famous are "emoticons". Or emotion-icons. You know all the smiley faces and stuff. :-) or :-P or :-X or ;-) and many more. Emoticons may not be a form of abbreviation, but it surely has found its way to make chatting even more simpler, shorter and faster.

Life changes as time changes. I see life as a series of adventures. And adventures vary from time to time and it changes as well as time changes.

so welcum 2 my humble blog. this is my online story n i hope u njoy it as much as me writing it.

*) choose the one that applies.

1 comments:

rimafauzi said...

my fave emoticon. XXX ;)
you get my drift, kan? lol

welcome to the blogging world, you'll love it here!!!

dont forget to technorati and site meter ur blog!!

Followers